- Confessions of an Ex-Fan Magazine Writer by Jane Wilkie
- Hollywood Hoopla: Creating Stars and Selling Movies in the Golden Age of Hollywood by Robert S. Sennett
- Conversations with Joan Crawford by Roy Newquist
- The Way We Wore: Styles of the 1930s and '40s and Our World Since Then by Marsha Hunt
- Majestic Hollywood: The Greatest Films of 1939 by Mark A. Vieira
- Hollywood Canteen: Where the Greatest Generation Danced with the Most Beautiful Girls in the World by Lisa Mitchell
A few of my selections are for pure enjoyment and a few are for some projects I am working on -- what can I say, it's really hard to fully leave the world of academia. Now to pour a glass of lemonade and relax on my patio chaise lounge!